All Abroad!

In June, members of the Pace Alumni Relations team traveled to Shanghai, Beijing, and Hong Kong to connect with alumni, parents, and students. “This is all about engaging our international alumni and parent population,” says Roselyn Lanzano, principal development officer, who along with Associate Provost for Student Success Mark Poisel, EdD, and Campaign Director Katie Reifenberg, visited China the first week in June.

Charles Mak, BBA ’77, MBA ’80, vice chairman Asia-Pacific, president, international wealth management, Morgan Stanley, and his wife Audy Mak ’77 accept a gift in recognition for their generosity.

With receptions in each city, the trip concluded in Hong Kong with a dinner hosted by Charles Mak, BBA ’77, MBA ’80, and his wife Audy Mak ’77 bringing together more than 20 alumni. “I was very fortunate to attend Pace University for both my undergraduate and graduate degrees in the late nineteen seventies. I was a first generation immigrant arriving on the shores of America back then and Pace provided me with a terrific education at a cost that I could afford. For this, I am deeply indebted to the University and extremely grateful,” said Mak. “Hosting an alumni reception in Hong Kong is just a very small token of my deep appreciation for what Pace University has done for me.”

“We have been able to connect with some outstanding alumni,” says Poisel, some of whom include Wilfried M. Brouwer, PhD, MBA ’95, Senior Vice President-Asia and President, A.O. Smith (China) Investment Company, James T. Siano, BBA ’81, MBA ’96, President and CEO of Montblanc Asia Pacific, and Thierry Roques, MBA ’87, Vice President and CFO, Coca-Cola Greater China and Korea.

“We are so excited to connect with many successful alumni working in China. We look forward to our next trip with President Friedman this December,” says Lanzano.

Twitter Digg Delicious Stumbleupon Technorati Facebook Email